The microwave died on Thanksgiving. This was a potential disaster. How could we properly irradiate all the food without a microwave. Things were a little hit or miss there for a bit. I blame the cream corn. Tripped the breaker twice and then started making an ugly noise. Worst part is, it's mounted above the stove and includes the stove vent. Ah well, to fix or to replace that is the question. The whole clan seemed very surprised, when I went down the stairs and came back from the basement 3-minutes later with a whole other microwave. This is one of the perks of not getting rid of things. Disaster averted and the corn was heated.